Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A moment at home!

We spent the last few days at Nana's house. Turns out I don't work tonight. I work Friday and Saturday and that is just fine with me. I need the time at home to unwind. The boys have overdosed on cartoons and TV. While I slept they asked V if they could watch cartoons and suddenly felt they had control of the remote and could do what they wanted. I had to set down my foot (all size 11 of it!) when I woke up and they weren't too happy about it.
 
They blamed me for them being bored and then Miles refused to eat anything at the house. He wanted restaurant food and refused to eat anything in the bin, anything at the house and wouldn't even eat crackers and peanut butter. When we finally packed and got ready to leave, he complained that he was "starving". I told him to grab something and he still refused. I guess he kept thinking that I'd finally go "oh golly! My poor starving son! I must rush you to the nearest McDonald's for nourishment!" and when it didn't happen he got an even worst attitude. So now he isn't allowed to watch TV at Nana's when we go back unless it is something *I* choose for him. And I am NOT going to run him out for fast food just because he thinks if he holds out I will go to McD's or Central Park. Won't work. I still have crackers and pnut butter in the truck waiting for the next starving stunt. My philosophy... If he is REALLY starving then he will eat those crackers and pnut butter with pride. Until then, I am not playing wishy washy.
 
His attitude has improved since we got home. He is playing on his computer while dinner cooks (still hasn't eaten) and helping out with little things here and there. Hopefully this was just a phase and he is testing all my buttons to see if they work. They do! Last night they tried EVERYTHING to get away with stuff they know better about. Like eating things with food dye, junk food for dinner and lunch, etc.
 
Today was just stressful for me and the boys acted like I was mean old mom! Well, they'll get over it!
 
And btw, I noticed on the cartoons last night that there are a TON of cartoons about kids living at school. They live in dorms at their school and they are in middle school. When did this become a fashionable thing? They don't even acknowledge that they have parents in the shows. It's just them and the school and their teachers. I found it eerie. I guess with year round schooling, longer school years, shorter summers this is just going to be the thing. I am just wondering when they are going to build a dorm near our schools around here and take over parenting for the masses. I am sure it would be touted as something that is "good" for the kids since they wouldn't have all those dysfunctional families to deal with.
 
Off my soap box for now.
 
Dotchi
I am not talking to myself, I am having a parent-teacher conference

No comments: