I am so happy! This morning I got off work and went to the van. The windows were rather fogged so I spent a few minutes trying to wipe them down and ran the windshield wipers but, it was still hard to see through them. I looked down at the heater controls (which are broken) and thought "Gee, I wish this worked". I reached down and tried to seat the control panel better because it was slouching again. When I did that, the panel lights came on and it let out a whining, then went quiet. I thought, "This is too good to be true". Afterall, the man that owned it before us couldn't get it to work and the auto-mechanic was going to have to replace the entire panel and some other parts before he could even figure out what was wrong.
I decided to give it a try anyway since it seemed to come to life by me merely touching it. I turned it on defrost, full blast, hot. It worked! My heater actually worked! Not only did it work but I was ready to die of heatstroke half way home. I was ecstatic! I don't know if the A/C works or not... I haven't messed with it yet, but the heater and defrost work now. I am sososososo happy!
Last night Miles figured out where the bolts were to remove the seat. This week, when I have a few days off, we are going to take the seat out and clean the carpet and make a plan of the layout.
I am going to enjoy this cross country trip too much! LOL I am going to map out my route using mapquest and then find theme units for each state we are going through. I am planning other things to make the trip less boring during boring times. If I can find a pole then I can make a table for the van too which will really make it easier for the boys to have a place to eat, draw, etc without losing everything. I know what you are thinking and I am right on top of that. I am going to get a strip of velcro for the table that wraps around it and then have the crayon box velcro to it. Should they be eating, I am going to find suction bowls and plates to set on the table or maybe justteach them how to eat like sailors hunched over the plate with one arm wrapped around the plate :) My hubby should enjoy that. Heeheehee
No comments:
Post a Comment