I now have true short term and long term goals. None of these willy-nilly "keep the house clean" "goals". Nope, I actually have a GOAL!
My goal is to write a novel. No I haven't gone off the deep end. I am completely serious!
Short term goal to this step is to write something that is 2,000 words every day. Why?
Because my long term goal is to participate in the National Novel Writing Month in November 2007. I figured that once I actually get the novel writen, I can tweak it to my hearts content. But at least it will be written!
I have always wanted to write a book and this is just the motivation I need. So, call me crazy, but my ultimate goal is to write a novel in one month.
2 comments:
nanowrimo looks interesting -- go for it! I finished my first novel on Dec 31 of last year, and am working on another now. I'm still editing the first one, so I've yet to make any publishing attempts, but the feeling of having completed a novel was amazing!
Wishing you all the best for the novel. I am going to try to write some short stories next year, to combine in a book someday. I will be watching how the book goes! Keep doing the great work!
Hugs...Cindy D in WV
Post a Comment