Saturday dh got home and we picked him up at the airport. The boys were thrilled to see him. I was so happy to hug him again... it was just one of those military like photos. Kids running to hug dad everyone hugging each other... only he wasn't in uniform. LOL After that we went to Cracker Barrell to eat dinner. That was yummy. When we got home, I finished sorting the clothes with Miles help and then we sent the kids to bed. Miles kept getting up asking to help with packing (can we say EXCITED!) and hubby finally said "Mom and I would like to have some Mom and Dad time" and I wasn't there for this but dh said Miles looked traumatized by the thought and exiting stage left at warp 9. LMAO And that night after the kids fell asleep, let's just say... it was GOOD!
So then Sunday we woke up late. We drove to Harbor Frieght and spent oodles of money to fix up the house with. They had to call in his check since the system flagged it. We're guessing it's b/c that series of checks is always written in California and now here's one showing up in TN. It was embarrassing. Stopped the whole line, everyone looking at us. I could've died. But I'd rather they do that than to cash our checks all over the country while we're still figuring out that a check book is gone!
Went to Raccoon Moutain to visit Aunt Shiela, Uncle Russ, Aunt Rosie Aunt Sandy, Aunt Tia, Great Grandpa and Nana. That was nice. They kept asking where my shoes were... aren't flip flops shoes? I think they were more impressed that I even HAD shoes on! Then Sandy, Tia, and I sat outside talking and smoking while Lil Mendel rolled down the hill repeatedly and Miles ended up joining him. Shiela came out to chat with us and then the rest called to us and said Grandpa was leaving. Wow, that was quick. After Aunt Rosie, Sandy, Tia, and Great Grandpa left, hubby went to fix the brake lights on the van. It was a fuse, which means I have been driving without brake lights for MONTHS! Comfy thought.
Then we took Nana to Sticky Fingers. I highly recommend the sweet BBQ sauce and the whiskey BBQ sauce. Dh says he tried all and liked them. He said the hot sauce isn't as hot as my napalm chili, but then then too, you can't decide if my chili is good or not because the taste buds don't survive the first bite LOL. I love this restaurant! Forget napkins, you get TOWELS. And at the end of your very delicious meal, they bring you warmed wet wipes to wash your hands off... I actually needed it too! It was VERY good.
Then after hugging Nana and waving as she drove off, we went to Sears and got Lil Mendel a pair of pants. He is NOT the shopping kind. He was about to have a nervous breakdown in the dressing room and lamenting about "not another pair of pants!" and flat out REFUSED to try on anymore. So I said that was fine. Next pair of pants would be hand sewn by me in ANY pattern I chose and it'll be the elastic wasteband kind (he hates those) and he WOULD wear them or else. So, he now has a pair of size TWELVE (my gosh he grew!!!) Levi's jeans. Hopefully they'll outlast him. I did sit down with him in the dressing room and let him have a moment on my lap for a big hug and understanding of how stressful this must be to him. I didn't want to completely mean. Miles got a pair of shoes for the boat, white soles so it won't mark. He's in a size 10 in mens shoes! ACK!
So then we headed to Wal-Mart (sorry, Jan) for the last bits of what we needed since Lowe's was closed. After we finished, I bought ONE more pack of cigarettes while hubby headed to the van. I kept setting off the alarm. First they ran the pack of cigarettes over the deactivating thingy and the alarm went off again when I went out. So I ended up showing them that there was nothing in my purse (they kept giving each other sideways glances. I didn't want the police to be called), I emptied my pockets (man, I need to clean these pockets out) and we STILL couldn't figure out what it was setting off the alarms. We think it may have been the Byetta pen. Not sure. I was SO embarrassed. Even more so than at Harbor Freight. I felt like a criminal and everyone at the lines closest to the door were starring at me like they were waiting to see Grandma Betty and her trainee body slam me and hog tie me until the police showed up. I think we decided on the Byetta pen and I walked out setting off the alarm again. I was quite humiliated. I remember why I hate Wal-Mart!
Then we headed home. The day was shot since we spent it all out on the town. The plan of throwing everything on eBay just went out the window. But that's another rant for another day. We ended up fixing a light socket and few other things and going to bed totally drained of any life force. So much for extra money.
I slept good last night. I hear hubby stirring around so I better get off his computer LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment