We are in Roswell, NM. I've only seen one alien... and it was attached to a fence :) We woke up this morning to ice. I have pictures that I will post later. They had closed down I-40 through NM and into Arizona so we headed south to avoid the rain and snow and sleet, etc. I already drove my van through a blizzard in the mountains in near white out conditions... BTDT... don't wish to do it again. We stopped at this one rest area/ museum and the guy there was really cool. He said we DO NOT want to be travelling through the mountains in the night with the snow coming in... so we stopped in Roswell instead of going all the way to Las Cruces like we had planned. We had a big traveling day ahead of us and I have the chains for my tires JUST in case. Not that I think we'll need them though. We'll head out later in the morning to give us some extra time though.
All of us are doing great. I am getting tired of riding in the van so much. Wish we had more rest breaks instead of the 5 minute pee stops hubby plans. He asked if this trip was better than the last and I had to tell him no. The last trip across country we stopped to rest longer than this. It wasn't 5 minute pee break, get your butt in the van and lets GO! Oh well, at least we're getting there anyway. I am hoping we make it to Yuma, AR tomorrow night. If not, I'll be driving for awhile during the night. I don't mind that at all. I can get some DRIVING done while the kids sleep and break when I need it. Stop, stretch, get coffee.... that's another thing I don't like about this trip... stop and get some freaking coffee! I promised to quit smoking, so I've slowed down a LOT, but do NOT take away my caffiene (sp?) at the same time. AGH!
Better run for now, I am using the hotel computer and other people will want to use it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment