Working on conquering the house!
Doesn't that sound better than "cleaning the house"? I love it. I feel like the warrior when I say I am conquering my house. LOL. This weekend we'll be doing the livingroom and then next week is the bathrooms and boys room.
I am trying to follow flylady but I find it hard sometimes. The concept is great, but the shoes are a huge turn off for me. You'd find me sitting on the couch for amount of foot pain I was in if I actually wore shoes all the time. I did find an alternative to it though. Putting on make-up. Even a little bit, like lip gloss, makes me feel better about myself.
I am trying to get my household notebook together but I really need to do it my way. The Before Bed routine and the morning routine are okay, but the zones miss a lot of my house and there is no "yard" zone either. But I am tweaking it again to make it work for me. I am not sticking to the zones as much anymore... my livingroom needs more attention than a few days a month. It needs a whole week of it's own too.
I am starting over again since I want to "spring clean" without traumatizing the poor house. I really do like the declutter advice she gives. I can handle that!
SOOOOO, next week the boys and I will be on AO week 4 and getting ourselves on a semi-schedule. Since I am home now, I can see a schedule working. But nothing too rigid. I panic and freak out if I am on set schedules. I can handle "after breakfast do this" and "before dinner do this" schedules with flexible hours, but I tried the schedules that have set times just make me feel like crud when I don't stick to it religiously. If I stray off it by 5 minutes, I feel rotten.
Well, I am going to go get bags ready for Meigs Ministries Thrift Shop and numb my mouth with ambesol and try to get to sleep. Why can't dentists just pull the teeth? Why does every last one have to be saved if you just want dentures? Why? Is it so wrong to want a pain-free mouth for once? To have the headaches, mouth pain, seering, blinding, throbbing, buring pains to stop? Is that too much to ask? I guess so.
No comments:
Post a Comment