Get Rid of the Facebook Ticker Sidebar! (one way)
- Download Google Chrome.
- Open chrome and click on the + for a new tab (at the top)
- On the new tab will be an icon for "web store", Click it.
- On the top right corner is a search box. Type in "Get rid of facebook ticker" and hit enter.
- It will show several extensions that will kill that dang blasted Facebook sidebar that I hate so much!
- Once you find the one you like, click on "Add to Chrome"... wait for it to load and then go back to facebook.
- Refresh facebook and enjoy!
I am working on another blogger post about how to get your regular feed back. That'll be later today. I am testing the instructions to make sure they are understandable.
In the meantime, Google Plus went live. Check it out! I am on there too and I like it pretty well.
P.S. No I am not giving up on Facebook... I am just waiting out the whole ARGH-ness of the new layout. I heard they are adding music... it better be optional or I am out of there.
7 comments:
Having seen the new Facebook features, I am glad that my fb page isn't currently working properly...this has proven to be a good thing, as it's has halted the process of my throwing the sodding laptop down the stairs in frustration.
Signed up to Google+ yesterday. Got all excited... then remembered I had no friends.
I only do my diary in FB but a repeated copy of what is in the Blog. In fact its the other way round as it happens. I only need to do words really as I have a problem with pictures. Its the old 1928 Box Browny it does not have a USB port.
Anyway I dont want a posy FB, My friends and I like simple, so we can exchange a bit of happy banter and the odd cream cake.
Hello by the way hope everyone is well
Thanks for posting this! That FB Ticker was driving me nuts!
Oh I know! Facebook is swirling the drain as far as I can tell. Many of my friends are leaving it because they can't stand the layout and it's so messed up now. Sad, b/c I really enjoyed facebook before the update.
brinkka2011 says: This was a genuinely extremely beneficial post. In theory I'd like to write like this also getting time and actual effort to make a good piece of writing but what can I say I procrastinate alot and by no means appear to obtain anything done.
Oh I am the world's worst procrastinator. Just thought of a post for next next week to help you :) I'll start on it and get it up there later :)
Keep up the excellent work fellow blogger, your tough work is definitly going to pay off.
Post a Comment