Today for my 31 Days to Building a Better Blog assignment, I picked introducing myself to another blogger. I have issues with just blindly emailing another random person from the internet that I don't know. I've met some pretty freaky and creepy people in my years and I didn't want a repeat.
I started out by surfing blogs for awhile looking for a new one that I could relate to. I happened to run across several fundamentalist Christian blogs but they just aren't me! I found several food blogs that looked good but with all my allergies, I kept going. I found ones for technology that were interesting but not really something I would follow. I found one that I liked but there was no contact info or about me or profile page.
And then I found one that speaks to my heart... Farty Girl, the Queen of T.M.I. She has IBS, gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance. I spent some time browsing her blog and then HAD to send her an email! Nothing grand, just a note saying how I love her blog. I made contact! I feel a teensy silly for it, but I did!
THEN, I decided to make contact with a friend of mine, Donna C, who also has a blog, and we're going to be blogging a lot together. This should be awesome! Also, I called Nikky about her blog and I am going to help her get it going.
I am so excited now! I did the assignment and have two people to get addicted to blogging with me! I feel like a blog dealer or something... 'mere my friends, I got a little something for you! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment