Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fake nails... I feel like Dolly Pardon in 9-5

Ever since I was little and watched Nine to Five  with Dolly Pardon typing away with her long fingernails, I have wanted to have long nails that I could type with too! Like long, pretty manicured nails that look cool and pretty. Not like my gnarly, phyllo-dough nails.

But this weekend, I saw my friend Lolita and she is so funny and wild and cool and I just love hanging out with her! I tried on her Native American dresses (I look HOT in them) and gave me a picture of herself when he was younger and then she gave me a box of fake nails. They are pink with white tips. I was giddy.

So I came home and decided to try them on and see how they do. First, I can't type with those things on. Hats off to Dolly Pardon! I can't open anything either. Thank goodness Dolly Pardon has assistants! And I am not even going into the whole wiping my arse debacle! Ouch.

Last night I fell asleep and I am now covered in scratches, including one in my left eyeball. I finally just had to rip them off. The problem there is that I super glued them onto my nails. As I ripped them off, I also removed several layers of my nails on every finger (did you know nails have layers?). My fingers are now sore and feeling quite bruised. I cried like a sissy when I ripped them off. But at least now I can type and update the blog again.

Beauty IS pain! Screw that. I'll stick with my stubby, ugly, boy nails. Thankyouverymuch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lmao-Dotchi, you speak words of truth and wisdom. There is an old ancient proverb that goes, "Long finger nails, bum not wiped properly"...Ok, there isn't, I just made it up!

I think my nails lasted a total of less than 24 hrs, before I ripped them off. Now they're so brittle, that if I tried to stratch said bottom, they merely fall apart... it's either the nails or I've got the hind of a rhino.

Dotchi Anni said...

LMAO Lily! Yup, I am having the same problem now. My nails are falling apart. I finally tried super gluing them to give them some strength but that ended up in a hot mess with my a few fingers glued together. The skin will grow back I am sure but OUCH, never again.

Thanks for commenting rhino-bum! :P