Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Sing with me!

Row Row Row the dinghy
Row it to the shore!
No you can not beat the kids
For what you've done before!

Well, this morning the boys had to go potty. Miles ran up the dock to the marina bathrooms and came back, then Lil Mendel went up the dock.

Sidenote: Now the dock we are tied to is at a military base so we have a gate that locks. If you don't have a key, you can't get in or out of the dock. It's security issues y'know.

SO, Mendel runs off to the bathroom with my ONLY set of keys that were with us. I made coffee, checked emails, got dressed... then it dawned on me, where is he? So I peep out and see him standing at the gate staring down to the boat. I already knew. I walked up the dock and he sniffled "I locked the keys in the bathroom." So Miles and I went to blow up the dinghy so we could row to the second dock and get some attention. The pump broke and Miles started blowing it up by mouth. I wasn't waiting all day! So I walked back to the boat and got my ID and drivers license, a pad of paper and a pencil.

On one side I wrote:

My son has locked the keys in the bathroom. I would sign out a key but, I am locked on the other side of the gate. Could you please give him a key to get the keys out of the bathroom with. I promise to bring it back and you can keep my license as collatoral. Thanks...

Then I left our slip # and my cell phone #.

On the back I wrote:

Base Police,

Please read the front. Then take him to the Sailing Center. Thank you.

He came back with the keys (both sets) and we all walked back to the Sailing Center. Turns out this isn't the first time. Many people do this, even the dock cleaning crew. LMAO. At least we aren't the only one's. But I had the cell phone with me when I did it. I just called him and asked him to come to the bathrooms and let me in :)

Ah, the life of a wharf rat!

No comments: