Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Our Big Day Updated

We went to the school and talked to the consultant. The boys are loaded down with books. We're giving Saxon Math a try and backtracking to make sure we haven't missed anything. Their science books look interesting. They have hands on activities! So I am excited about that. They both have Social Studies books. Mendel's is about family (I REFUSE to do a family tree) and Miles is about communities and cultures. They should be fun! Their reading is read stuff you like (for Miles and Mendel) and Hooked On Phonics to make sure we covered everything. Miles will breeze through it! I am going to stick to the Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Lessons for Mendel. So far we both agree on everything. I have to bring in samples of later work for the next meeting (on the 30th) because I didn't realize I needed to do that this time. Oopsy! I think this will work. The only thing I don't like is the "school day" is Mon-Fri on the chart. But I'll just continue as before and mark it down on Mon-Fri. Poo! I don't like that. But it'll still work. Oh, and they don't count holidays either. ptttttth.

Today is Grandma Foot's Memorial

We'll go to the Memorial Service today. Dad is doing the eulogy. He read it to us last night and it is WONDERFUL! It is just what Grandma would have wanted. I'll ask if I can post it here later. We are off.

Until later,
Dotchi

No comments: