I spent the last the last year searching and experimenting with recipes trying to find ANY bread I can eat. Either they can out like bricks (I could built houses with some of the bread recipes) or they looked beautiful but tasted like crap.
This week, I was in another experimenting mood and found a biscuit I can eat, that tastes great (everyone is eating them... my kids, guests, friends) and that have a lovely bread feel to them. Here is the recipe!
They taste great with gluten free gravy!
Note: I added clickable links to each ingredient.
Gluten Free Buckwheat Oat Amaranth Biscuits
Makes 12
Nutritional Info
Calories 125.5
Fat 5.9
Carbs 15.1
Protein 3.5
Ingredients:
- 3/4 C Oat Flour (Note: Not all Oat Flours are gluten free.)
- 3/4 C Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 C Amaranth Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Arrowroot Starch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Powdered Milk
- 1 TBSP Buttermilk Powder
- 1 C Hot water
- 1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (from oat flour to buttermilk powder)
Add the oil and water. Stir thoroughly.
Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. I use an ice cream scoop and get a beautiful 12 biscuits with a teensy bit left over. They don't expand a lot so you can put them a little close together.
Bake for 10-12 minutes (I usually go the whole 12 minutes).
Let cool and enjoy.
I LOVE these with butter and blackberry jelly. I keep meaning to make a sandwich with them but they don't last very long.
I got smart today and made a buckwheat/oat flour mixture by mixing 1 part buckwheat flour to 1 part oat flour. I think I did 3 cups each. I mixed them together well and put them in a new container by themselves. Now when I go to make the biscuits, I'll just add 1 and 1/2 cups of the mix. I am good! And so are the biscuits!
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and let me know what you think!
For more recipes, click here.
3 comments:
Do you think I could sub real milk in for the 2 powder milks and increase one of the flours?
Oh yes! when I am out of milk, I used powder milk instead and add water to it. I will hunt down the original recipe whee I used powder milk and add it to the post. I add extra flour for pizza dough type foods where it needs to be thicker.
Oh sorry! That is the original recipe! Yes, I use coconut milk instead of cow's milk. I usually add 1 and 1/4 cup milk.
Post a Comment