Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Better Blogging: Interlinking Posts

Today's project on the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog is to interlink your posts. Basically, when you make a post and you have an earlier post about the same topic, you add a link to the older article in the article you are writing.

On my blog, I post about many different topics so I couldn't find a lot of them to link. Instead, I went to each recipe page and added a link at the bottom to the page that has the list of recipes. It says:

For more recipes, click here.
I am also going through and cleaning up the tags for each post which connects all the posts of a similar topic. For example, by clicking the tag for 31 days to a better blog, you will end up on a page for all my posts about this project of building a better blog.

As I build my blog with more posts and topics, I will be able to interlink better. For now, I will be printing off my blog post titles and slowly finding some that I can link together.

If you are interested, I offer this post to practice. My first post on this blog "In the Beginning there was a Bored Blogger". Enjoy :)

No comments: