Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Next Week in Homeschooling

Our Unit Studies are Fire Safety (FS) and Healthy Eating (HE).

Monday-
FS- How long does a candle burn... how hot does fire get? Working with
temperatures
and measurements.
HE- Measuring food serving sizes. Counting carbs, fat, protein, sodium, and
measuring cups/ Tablespoon teaspoon conversions.

Tuesday-
FS- Making a homemade fire extinguisher!
HE- What is a carbohydrate? What is
diabetes? And what is the food pyramid. We'll also build our own food
pyramid for each person.

Wednesday-
FS- We'll read about fire safety and practice a fire drill.
HE- We'll read more
baout diabetes, and I printed off a story about Vegetarian diets. We'll
read it and discuss
it.

Thursday-
FS- The Chicago Fire! I found a website about it. We'll also look at
different fire
trucks throughout history and the history of fire as a tool.
HE- We'll study the history of the food timeline.

Friday-
FS- We'll make a diagram of a fire station and what needs to be in it and
one of a
fire truck (still looking for a website)
HE- We might do this one on Monday... We'll go
through a store discussing healthy foods and reading labels for the foods
we buy.

Saturday-
FS- Not sure what we are going to do... But I thought of making a sign for
RACE
(Rescue, Alert, Confine, and extinguish) and PASS (Pull the pin, Aim,
Spray, Spread)
HE- We'll make a healthy dish and dessert to share. We'll even make REAL
butter!

Sunday- The Fast of Ramadan. What is a fast. Why do people fast, etc.

--
Dotchi
http://dotchi.blogspot.com Still blogging along!
I'm not talking to myself, I'm having a parent-teacher conference.

No comments: