I know it is early for this time of year, but I am starting my brown rice fast! This time, I will give up cigarettes. Not hard to do since I have no money to buy anymore and I am not messing up the budget!
The boys are doing great this morning! Mendel finished lesson 7 in his Primer math book and moved onto lesson 8 (lesson 8 WAS planned for next week), he did his reading review and learned a new sound! Short O. Miles finished lesson 7 in Math Alpha and we're skipping ahead to review on #8.
If he can do it, then we'll find the test book and let him take those.
He's reading better with speed but tends to run over the words and just
guesses at them at times. He's on lesson 3 of Sequential Spelling for
Homeschool. He still has trouble hearing the difference between short i
and o but I think that has more to do with the culture he is living in and
the lack of enunciating words he experiences. He is getting it though! He
does correct his spelling faster now.
Today we'll make the quadrant since I couldn't find the stick we were going to use... I found it last night. So that will be math theme for the week! And we're going to read about forest fires AND make a homemade fire extinguisher! We're going to have FUN today!
I downloaded a program called My Checkbook to help me keep up with the bank accounts and I already figured out a budget of sorts for next paycheck so I am on a roll!
Need to go for now. I have to wash the china... I got it out for the fast.
The boys think I am nuts now Mwhahahaha!
Dotchi!
No comments:
Post a Comment