Tuesday we drove about 2 1/2 hours to the Wildflower walk. It's an annual get together of homeschoolers. We had a lot of fun and I didn't even over-do it. It was a wonderful walk through the woods identifying wildflowers. Then we hung out at the museum center where the young, enthusiastic man explained about weapons of the past and hunting and basically a lot of neat things about the area. I was very impressed! We all learned something from that! I am planning on taking about $10 for books the next time we go, probably sometime in the summer.
After that we had a picnic lunch in the park. The kids played and us mom's chit chatted. It was VERY nice! Then I went to L*'s house and the kids played while I looked through her impressive collection of books. I bought "Sing, Read, and Write" for my youngest and they both played with it today. I had a great visit! We got home about 10:30pm and I crawled right into bed. I was too tired to even email poor L* to let her know I made it. Hubby emailed her though and then let me sleep in until 10 the next morning. That was a nice surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment