Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I went on a shopping spree today! Yep, me and $20 ripped apart Wal-mart. I actually had a lot of fun though. I started out with not a plan, a cart, yes... a plan... not really. I grabbed a cart and headed for the school supplies. Do you know they have folding rulers now? I thick I measured every book on the shelf, my arm hairs, the hooks... I was drawing attention so I quit somewhere around the erasers. I also pressed the button on all the alphabet books. They were these cute little books with buttons. I pressed 'z' on the first one and it said "Z. what begins with Z?" Then palyed the entire alphabet song tune. So of course, being juvenile, I pressed all the Z buttons and ran from the isle giggling. The uppity lady wasn't amused but that is okay. I had fun.

I picked up cat food... I forgot, we needed that. Then I went to the sewing/ fabric section. I learned a lot there from the nice lady working the section and then she left me to my own idea's. I browsed all the pattern books. There are a few patterns that I want to buy for myself, a couple that I would love to make the boys, and some very cute frogs that I want to make the boys for the frogs thematic unit study. But I stuck with one pattern that I am going to use to make an outfit for myself. It was $10. Then I bought a self-healing cutting mat, a seam ripper, and elastic for the boys shorts. I was asked where to find things and what different prices were. Tell me honestly, do you think a woman in shorts, a tanktop, and sandals sitting at the pattern section browsing through the books... do you REALLY think that lady works at Wal-Mart? Well, I really should. I knew where the stuff was (except the speaker cover material) and even some of the prices. I swayer, I should really get a job there. I did great today!

Then I ran back to school supplies and found graph paper for oldest son to practice math. After that, I went grocery shopping. I bought snacks and bread and frozen veggies. Spaghetti squash is on sale for .77 a pound. I bought two and a few more foods we really didn't NEED but since I am still having trouble cooking some days, I figured I would grab them.


$122 later I was finished. Hey, I know how to stick to a budget! There is a 20 in that number *grins*

I had a nice drive over the cherohola skyway. I always enjoy that beautiful drive home. When I did get home I unloaded the car and gave the boys their treat. I really felt a lot better. A nice 45 minute drive each way, a couple hours of wandering in circles, and impeding traffic by going slow for once, is the best way for me to relax. I don't really enjoy shopping but if I have a plan... I can wander, price compare and set off every noise maker in a store. Sometimes I just have to make things fun since life isn't always ready to had over fun and joy in a gift wrapped box.

No comments: