From my inbox: It seems like you've lost everything you ever knew, (RIGHT)?
No, not really. I remember before the accident. I don't really recall a lot after the accident. But before, I remember prepping the boat, I remember the sailing lessons, I remember Sailing Instructor Steve telling me to tighten the main. That's about it though. The days between, I am really fuzzy on and it seems I am having issues making new memories. Hopefully that will improve though. I do have a journal I am carrying around and I write in it every couple of hours or when I have a moment. Nothing huge... just quick notes.
Here is a sample: "Made tea for hubby, use less coffee in espresso maker. Watched TV with boys in game room. Waiting for laundry to dry. Laundry in dryers closest to game machine. Found small blue thumbdrive, putting it in my cherry bag."
Some are there to hopefully jog my memory. Some are there to remind me of things. Some to let me know what I was doing. Some are for symptoms. I also write down what I eat to make sure I am eating and doing so healthy. Sometimes I have trouble remembering if I ate.
This journal is really helpful. It helps me to see what I am doing and I am reading things I really don't remember doing but am glad I wrote it down to read it later.
Another Inbox Comment: You should sue!
Who should I sue? It was my boat! It was equipment malfunction! Sailing Instructor Steve did a great job and I can't hold him responsible because MY boat malfunctions. There was no way we could have known the boom was going to fall on my head. You guys are just so litigious! Wait here while I go fill out a police report on myself for having a boat malfunction. I should take Steve to lunch for checking to make sure I was okay and for doing a great job. I knew very well going into sailing what things could happen. There are those list of things that COULD happen that no one really expects.
Sharks taking a chunk out of your hull... Not likely going to happen, but it did happen to a Navy ship years ago.
Boom swinging and bumping you into your head... could happen if you aren't paying attention.
Getting run over by an aircraft carrier... Only if you don't know what you are doing.
The mast falling over... Well, I actually saw it happen before but the boat was old and in serious need of repair.
Capsizing a larger boat... it does happen but you REALLY have to work at that. And everything has to be working against you.
Boom's topping lift malfunctioning dropping the boom onto your head... Not likely... but it did happen.
It's really not something I would worry about. It's like worrying that your porch is going to collapse each time you go out onto it. Or maybe that your house will explode each time you turn on the gas. Better yet, it's more like the walls will fall out when you close a window. I am sure it happened somewhere... but it isn't likely to happen.
Dotchi (No, I am not suing)
No comments:
Post a Comment