Getting Ready For Turkey Day
Well, I am getting ready for Turkey Day here. I have 1 suitcase packed and the med bag done. I need to start the famous macaroni and cheese. Later today we'll pack up everything and head on out to Nana's house for a family dinner, then we'll sleep there for the night. Thursday we'll head up the mountain for Turkey Day dinner.
I had a few people get irritated at me for calling it Turkey Day. Well, 'scuse me for not having much to be thankful for this year! My best friend was murdered, my move is in lingo again, I won't be able to see my hubby this weekend and we're still waiting for the DNA test kit to make to TX so we can find out if the body is my sister or not. Which one should I be thankful for?
Okay, so I'll try to be upbeat. I can be thankful the house is still standing, that I have electric still, that I have email access, that my children are healthy (for the most part), that my pompholyx is getting better, that we have food, that we're alive, that P* is alive, that I have friends and all that good stuff. But this is not going to be my happiest Thanksgiving. At least I can be truly happy that I am not making the meal! I don't think I could handle all that under all this stress.
When we get home I need to kick but on my eBay listings and finish packing the two boxes I am working on, tape them and put them off to the side. I think I can handle it. Saturday will be a big trash run and Super Saturday Spick and Span! Every room gets vacuumed, the floors all mopped, the large laundry washed, each room gets a good clean up and wash down and then we get to watch movies! WOOHOO! I can't wait until the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment