I was so excited to see a Family Dollar Store come to Decatur, TN. In fact my friend and I went shopping there not too long after it opened (which was Thursday the 24th of August). I was so happy because now there was someplace fresh and new and with low prices that wasn't too far from us and they accept checks. Well, everyone's checks but mine.
1) I have NEVER bounced a check at Family Dollar Stores, EVER.
2) As I type this, my account balance in my bank account is $2707 and some change.
So today I grabbed my list and planned an errand day. I paid for my new registration for my van, bought gas for the van and the lawn mower and then headed over to Family Dollar to get what I needed. It wasn't a LOT of things but the total did come to $88.84 so, I am sure you can imagine my surprise when they wouldn't accept my check. I was sure there must be a mistake since I hadn't bounced any checks and my account balance MORE than covers the $88.84 check. In fact, I could pay the $88.84 check 30 times before I would need to worry about bouncing a check. They did not have a number to call so I could find out why so instead, I called my bank. They said there was nothing wrong there and told me it was Family Dollar and the bank.
I ended up finding the number on the back of my check from where they stamp the check and I called that number. They gave me a reference number for my account so that if I called again the call would go faster (how sweet). Then he explained that the reason they would not accept my check is because my "recent check writing habits have exceeded the acceptable limits and guidelines set forth by Family Dollar corporation" and then they gave me a number to call to talk to them.
At first, I thought it was a joke. But it isn't. I have wrote one check on the 27th of August and it cleared my account. That was for a few things I needed. It was less than $20. I wrote another check there on the 30th of August for $49.08 and it has not cleared my account yet (but with $2707 in the account, I am not worried). And then the check I attempted to write today.
I have called and left a message with Dianne at the Customer Service Department and I am waiting for her to call back but I will DEMAND an explanation as to why they won't accept my check when my friend has wrote checks there since it opened equaling MORE than my 3 checks combined.
I will not shop somewhere that has these ridiculous "limits and guidelines" and humiliates me in public b/c they don't my check writing habits are "acceptable". The only thing they should worry about is whether or not the check will clear, which it would! But not to worry your corporate self, Family Dollar, you won't have to worry about my "check writing habits" anymore because I will NOT shop there again. I'll take my business elsewhere.
Humiliate me? I think not! Publicly defame my character? No thank you, I'll shop at Dollar General from now on. At least they appreciate the business. Excuse me for getting paid and needing soap, bleach and food.
Dotchi
1 comment:
Nice. Makes you feel like the white trash poster child. We used to have a Dollar General AND a Family Dollar. Guess which one we DON'T have anymore?!
Post a Comment