We might be moving
We're working on selling the house and land and will probably be moving to San Diego if all works well. We already have a sailboat to live on. Dh is off in Washington doing something and will be sailing the boat to San Diego soon. I am hoping to move on very soon! I plan to go to college to become a nurse when we get out there and we'll still be homeschooling the boys to allow the most freedom and flexibility. I've been checking out the San Diego homeschool groups and the area in general and it looks so great! No more staying inside like I do now. I can go outside, but not for long. It hasn't been too bad lately, but when it gets up there in temperature and humidity, it is so unbarable.
Plus, I think Miles asthma won't be as bad... at least I hope. I know they'll be happier because we won't be so dependant on a vehicle for having friends and going out. Plus there is SO much to do there that is free or inexpensive. I can't wait! I miss the city and the beach.
Homeschool and Household Stuffs
With moving in the near future, I am weeding through the house and trying to get rid of stuff and trying to weed through what we won't need. We'll be going from a 16X80 mobile home to a 30 foot yacht... I love that word. It's about 9 feet wide inside. The space difference will be the biggest adjustment, I think. The boys will each have their own berth so they can have privacy, but the amount of stuff they collected will have to be trimmed down dramatically, as well as my stuff.
That means I'll also have to trim down on the homeschool materials we'll have. It won't be horrible though, I'll have the van to store things in, hopefully, so I'll have some storage, but not much. I'd like to get an RV or a camper so we can take it all on the road too. We won't really be homeschooling LOL we'll be roamschooling (Thanks, Ann, for the word!) I already have my laptop set up for homeschool tracker so I can journal everything and have plans laid out somewhere.
Tomorrow
I have an appointment to get my power steering belt put back on tomorrow. It's at 2 pm, so I am combining the trip to the grocery store with that. Then I can plan better for driving to the homeschool group in Chattanooga. We really miss it. It is really great to be a part of the Eclectic Group because everyone is so nice and I really miss them. We'll REALLY miss them when we leave. I have such fond memories of the group :)
And I made a semi meal plan. I am trying to make easier dishes and planning for the boat life so I am trying to make meals in a skillet, on the grill or in the toaster oven more. I'm sure it won't be THAT bad for cooking accomodations, but I want to be prepared, just in case. Miles grilled out dinner the other day and it was delicious!
Visiting Family
I need to get down to my mother-in-laws house to visit again. I think I'll bring coffee and a simple dish to share. I want to take her to the park one day and have everyone meet us there for a little get together. I really enjoy those get togethers lately. We've had so much fun. Maybe a potluck lunch or something one weekend would work out. I'll have to call her and find out.
Bye for now!
I'll try to get to posting more often, but when I get good at it, I forget to post after a computer crash or the phone drops. I am adding it to my weekly list though. It's on Thursday's and Sunday's, so hopefully nothing crashes or drops on those days LOL. And as long as it doesn't rain, the phone will work.
No comments:
Post a Comment