This year we plan on having friends over and a few family members. But it's different now.
We have a few rules:
- ABSOLUTELY NO TURKEY! (I am anaphylaxis allergic to it)
- NO peanuts either. (Same thing)
- I cook. I am the only one that cooks. Period.
- Share the chocolate or get hurt.
- We eat buffet style and hang out in the living room.
- You are required to play games! We have xbox, minecraft, and board games. We can also play cards, charades, or whatever you'd like too!
- Bring your own drinks! We will have some, and we'll share, but bring your own.
- Don't bring eggnog. That is torture for us.
We will be having
- BBQ chicken
- Macaroni and cheese, mom style!
- Vegetables, steamed, lots of them!
- Biscuits, gluten-free
- Something for dessert
- Probably sweet potatoes, candied
- Cookies
- Chocolate covered pecans
SO, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? What's your menu plan? Who's coming over? Do tell!
4 comments:
We are doing the whole turkey thing this year.
Sounds delicious! I do miss turkey but now that I can't have it, I wanted something different. BBQ chicken is now something special to us so I decided we would have that instead. Do you have a special recipe for yours?
we are having a lamb roast for Thanksgiving and a turkey for Christmas actually the day after Christmas because hubby works Christmas.
We really don't celebrate Christmas either as you know Dotchi. family are coming this year just as they did they did the year you visited me.
I wish to suggest a game to you. Its called Ticket To Ride. there is a European version as well as an American version and several others I do believe. It is a geography game. It's fun and entertaining. It's a bit on the expensive side at $50. I strongly suggest that you might want to look for it during the holiday season as some games go on sale during this time of year.
What is macaroni and cheese Mom's style?
Oh I will have to make a note of that and look for it. We are also hoping to get Words against Humanity. It's kind of like Apples to Apples but not really kid friendly LOL. I want to get more games for our game nights so we'll have more to play.
Mac and Cheese Mom style is homemade mac and cheese from scratch. Although it has milk products so I don't think it would be okay for you to eat. But it's really good. I'll post a recipe. I am still searching for mac and cheese recipes for you! I haven't been able to afford the different non-dairy cheeses yet. But I will let you know if I find some. Have you tried goat cheese?
I wish I could come visit again. If I get on that side of the country some time, I'll have to make sure I drop by and say hi! :)
Post a Comment