Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Crochet Rainbow Scarf

I had a lot of fun this weekend with my crocheting. Since I am trying to make ends meet by being crafty, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and try something a little different. I ended up making this scarf this weekend in about 4 hours.


I am not good with patterns or I would post it. I didn't follow a pattern either. I saw the design online and figured it out on my own from there. It took a few tries, but I finally got it.

Here is my attempt to explain how I made it

It's 204 chains long plus 3 more. Then I double crocheted 4 (starting at the 3rd chain from the hook), skipped 5 chains, double crocheted 5 more, skipped 5 chains, all the way to the end and tied it off.

The next color, I made the chain, then did the first 4 double crochet and then weaved it in and out of the first color. Then I continued on with 5 double crochet, skip 5 chains. I alternated between connecting the double crochets to the chain in front of the spaces and behind the spaces.

Then I made a bunch of tassels for the ends of the scarf.

What do you think? How did I do?

3 comments:

Bluebird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bluebird said...

Thanks for sharing this creative work, the color combo is great and the pattern unique. Gonna try it, should be fun, doesn't look too hard.
Thanks for sharing!

Dotchi Anni said...

Thank you :) I had a lot of fun making it! Let me know how yours turns out.