Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Friday, April 18, 2008

End Of The Year Books

To answer the comment on another post where I was asked about the end of the year books the boys are currently working on:

The school gives the boys a packet to create a book of their choice. It can be on anything:
  • A story they like
  • A story they made up
  • Poems they think are cool
  • A book about me
  • A slam book
  • A "book about me"
  • A portfolio through the year.
The school sends it in (along with the parents payment) to be bound and printed like a "real" book. Last year I just had them make construction paper books because we were too late.
If you don't use a charter school, you can make them or purchase a blank one. Let the kids go wild with it and add what they want.
If you unschool, you could add pictures from field trips, art paintings, a list of books you read, movies, documentaries or something else that you can think of. Have them list their favorite day, trip, project, visit, etc. The ideas are endless! And it can act as a portfolio for you as well as a treasured memoir for you, maybe a wonderful gift for the grandparents.
Hope you enjoy this idea. If you make one, please let me know about it!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Thanks Dotchi! I want to do something... just gotta decide what and why and how. Mebbe let my son pick is favorite assignments from each subject and fill in with pictures from the year...? Dunno yet but I will let you know what we do!