Man, I forgot about the altitude change. We came from sea level to something like 3,000 ft above sea level in a day. I thought I had a touch of a headache, but I brushed it off because I ALWAYS have a headache. It's nothing new. But then I got out of bed to go pee and got a touch dizzy and lightheaded. I made it downstairs to the bathroom just fine but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until Mendel 1.0 started reading about "altitude sickness" and listing symptoms. I am fine now. Took me a little while to adjust, but other than that, it was just a nice reminder of how nice it is to have oxygen!
The kids- Miles, Mendel and Sara's son Jeff, have been outside playing all day or watching TV. They built a fort in the woods behind the cabins and made some friends. I've sat around being lazy and surfing the internet, answering emails and enjoying Sara's cooking. She is a great cook! I am going to adopt her and take her to TX with me. I got to sleep in this morning. So far, basically, I haven't done very much. I am actually starting to FEEL lazy, which generally means I am over vacationing and ready to act like a non-lazy person again. Wow. It took about a month when I moved to San Diego to get over that feeling. Here, one day. It's nice. I might actually wash dishes in the morning... who am I kidding? They have an automatic dishwasher!
Tomorrow we check out and we'll probably go see the crater. Hopefully the Grand Canyon because I REALLY want Mendel 1.0 to see it. It is quite awe inspiring.
I finally came out of the cabin to do laundry. It was that or camp in a nudist colony and I didn't want to traumatize the nudists. I'm not so much fluffy as I am floppy. While the kids would remember it forever, I don't think anyone wants to be blinded by my pasty white skin. No, I am not really this brown. It's a tan. Under my clothes is skin the color of the Pillsbury Doughboy. The clothes are drying now and I am going to go play online until they are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment