Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

We made it!

We drove to Atlanta, GA today. Man, what a city. I'd rather drive through Los Angeles traffic all day long! Anywhoodles! We made it!

Dh took us to the Ikea store. WAY COOL! If you are in Atlanta, check it out. We started by parking in the parking garage below the store and walking to the entrance. Once inside, they had an escalator to the second floor. Once there we got the new catalog and headed up the next escalator to the restaurant. Dh had the swedish meatballs, I had the poached salmon, Miles had the chicken and Lil Mendel ate mac and cheese with chocolate milk. (A rare treat!) The food was DELICIOUS! Oh yea, and I had a salad! After that, we headed around the store.

It is laid out so you can follow the arrows on the floor and walk through each section. They have bedrooms, bathrooms, furniture, kids, office, etc. And the coolest part was they had little areas all set up as a "house" and each one had a sign "XXX Sq Ft Living". There was, let me see if I can remember, 237, 369, 798 and another one but I can't remember. Those are close numbers anyway. They also had "rooms" set up. Like livingrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, etc and it said how much the whole set up would cost. VERY VERY nice! You must go check it out if you go to Atlanta.

After that, we went to the hotel. We're staying in the Hyatt Hotel across from the huge Suntrust building. When you pull up, they have bellhops, bellboys, what do they call them? The inside is like a HUMUNGOUS hollowed out square with all the floors opening to the middle where you look down the nauseatingly high void to the bottom floor. Can you tell I hate heights. And so my highlight was getting in the GLASS elevator and going to the 20th floor without peeing on myself. I have managed to walk onto the balcony without passing out. It really is beautiful! I'll have to post a picture.

Well, the boys are getting antsy and I need to find us something to do in this huge city!

TA TA!

Dotchi

1 comment:

Traci said...

I've read all the Atlanta posts but will only comment on one. Sorry! LOL
My dad told me he and my mom and sister spent two or three hours in the IKEA store in Seattle not long ago. He wasn't as impressed at they were!
I've never been to Atlanta. Sounds like a trip we need to make one of these years. We always seem to go to my relatives so that's hard but we can do it!