While I am in the process of revamping my yahoogroup, I figured I would do
the same for my blog and also try it and see if I can email my entries
without them looking funky. Hopefully soon I'll have a better email
program.
We went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forg Monday and Tuesday. We had LOADS of
fun. I have to tell you about each place we went:
WonderWorks!
This place was cool! The building is very easy to find. You drive down the
highway through Pigeon Forge and look for the building that is upside
down. Yes, I said upside down... as in the roof is on the ground and the
palm trees, mailbox and street lights are dangling up above your head
along with the entrance steps. Don't worry, there is a door on the ground
floor. I'll send a picture for you all to see. It was cool! They had a lot
of fun interactive exhibits. It was like the Creative Discovery Museum on
speed. It was SO cool. There was a ride where you design your own roller
coaster, then you get in the virtual ride and ride it! We picked all the
twirly, whirly, spinning, flinging and twisting ones. There was a bed of
nails that you could actually lay on, a hurricane room and Earthquake
Cafe, bubble room, a really neat thing where they can make you any race
(asian, hispanic, white, etc), a really interesting art gallery of optical
illusions, a bathroom that has glass walls (that fog up when you lock the
door and no one can see in) and SO much more! If you get the chance to go
there... DO! It's right next to Alabama Grill (the band) Restaurant. It's
not hard to find either... just look for the unpsidedown building, it's
right next to it.
Then we ate at... Uhm, something Smorgasborg. The food was very delicious,
the bathrooms were clean, the waitress was souper <-Punny, ah ah ah< cool
and nice and VERY prompt and it was all you can eat... which we did! LOL
That night we stayed in the Family Inn. We had a nice suite with two rooms
and a bathroom connecting the two. We had a jacuzzi and a balcony. The
rooms were clean and they had plenty of supplies (towels, washclothes,
soap, shampoo) for a family of 4. AND the best part was that their coffee
didn't taste like dirt. It actually tasted okay. Not Starbuck's okay, but
it wasn't like other hotel coffee. Sugar and creamer added, and I had
something to wake up to!
The next day (Tuesday) we went to the Aquarium and asked if they gave
military discounts... They do! Actually, they have an AWESOME military
package! I mean, besides my husband, this is an AWESOME package! We got
to go the Aquarium, Haunted Adventure, 4-D Moving theater, Ripley's Museum
and Davy Crocket Put-Put Golf... Guess how much it cost for a family of
4... Before you guess, remember, I brag about how much we save, not how
much we spend. Okay, did you guess? Well, you were probably WAY off. It
was $6 a person! And we had a TON of fun there! I'll have to write more
about it tonight. I must go for now.
--
Dotchi
2 comments:
Dotchi, I just read your response to the ongoing controversy on the TN Home Ed link. You are a very funny person and I really appreciate your honesty. Just wanted to let you know.
I just read this entry since we are probably going to Gatlinburg in Sept. Looks like they have added a ton of stuff in the 10 years since I was there. Now I can't wait to go!
Post a Comment