Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Friday, July 22, 2005

I got called into work last night. I clocked in around 1 AM. We did a dry round and then played spades. We have new residents too. Some of our wing was moved to the other wing. That's good b/c that means they aren't in need of skilled care now. One new lady kept pressing her call button thinking it was her TV, her light cord, or just trying to figure out what it does. It was amusing. We had a good night though. Almost everyone stayed in bed and slept well. There were a few that sat up with us. They mostly watched TV and kept telling us that we were cheating at cards LOL. I got through early this morning.

I was going to stay and help out first shift but it is going to be very hot today and I can't handle this Tennessee heat. It's too much on my allergies so I decided to get home early. As I was leaving the building the back alarm system went off. I turned it off and when I went to go back outside, the door locked. One of the girls I work with had put a wanderguard bracelet in my purse. It locks the door so the residents can't wander off and get lost, especially our alzhiemers patients. They got a good laugh and I finally found it at the bottom of my purse :)

On my way home, after I got off my exit, they skies looked very bad. So bad that I was starting to worry. They looked like tornado clouds. There haven't been any warnings though. They were dark and thick and hung low in the sky. At some points it looked like they could touch the ground. The rolling hills made it look even eerier. The wind got high at one point and I had to slow down to keep it on the road. I was quite nervous until I got my highway and it seemed like I drove out of the night and into the day. I am missing a few fingernails now b/c I chewed them all off. It was just too much on my nerves!

Now I am going to go drink some coffee and wait for the rest of the house to wake up. Then I'll sort my orders and check them.

Til then,
Dotchi

No comments: