My doctor said it's what is called Reynaud's Phenomenon or Reynaud's Disease. I heard of the term before from my friend, Amy. She mentioned it could be Reynaud's when I posted about how my hands were freezing.
What is Reynaud's Phenomenon (sounds better than "disease")?
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says Reynaud's is "a condition in which cold temperatures or strong emotions cause blood vessel spasms. This blocks blood flow to the fingers, toes, ears, and nose." I even found this nifty image to share with all of you that shows the blood vessels constricting and turning the fingers purple.
![]() |
| By NHLBI authors. via Wikimedia Commons |
Everything I read said that it doesn't hurt. I would like to take a moment to say that this is
So in case you were wondering why I was absent this last week in blogging, this is why. Because I swayer to you, in a southern drawl, that my hands are turning to ice cubes as we speak.
I hate Reynaud's Phenomenon!


No comments:
Post a Comment