Yesterday I was coming back on board the boat to grab something before Miles and I spent the day out in town. Being me, I tripped over the spring line and fell into the boat, across the cockpit and landed boobs first onto the hatch boards. OUCH! My left leg swelled up pretty quick and I couldn't put any weight on it. Hubby wrapped my leg with an icepack and gave me motrin. After getting ready to go, he tossed me over his shoulder and carried me to the car (I was going WAY too slow!) and took me to the ER for X-rays.
Good news is my leg is not broken! Bad news is that I have a hematoma on my left shin, which is a really horrible bruise, and a strained ankle. I am on crutches for about a week or so. I am very sore in the chest area and arms... and sides... and hips... oh heck! I am just sore! But they gave me 50mg of tramadol to help with pain.
And now, for something different! Tomorrow Mendel 1.0 and Miles are flying to Chicago and then driving to Indiana for 3 weeks of robot stuff. Way cool! Mendel 2.0 and I will be here at the boat hanging out and bonding! Once my leg is better we will go out on the town, but mostly I am just resting for the rest of this week and making sculpty clay things and drawing and watching movies and other fun stuff! I plan to clean out the boat and organize it while they aren't here. If I can manage to not hurt myself, I might be able to!
I am going to go sleep off my tramadols now!
No comments:
Post a Comment