Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Monday, October 16, 2006

In Memory of Leslie Susan Bradshaw

Leslie was a very good friend, a devoted mother of 5, a wife, sister and aunt. She loved horses and animals and was planning to start a self sustaining farm. On October 13, 2006, she rode with her friend to drop off her friends children at their dad's house for a visit for the weekend. When they got there, he shot Leslie in the head and then went after Penny. Leslie's plan was to call every 1/2 hour to an hour and if she didn't call back, I was to call for help. I did call for help at 7:35pm. It was too late for Leslie. She was already gone. But Penny and the 4 children were rescued when the sheriff showed up. Penny will recover. She was shot 4 times, cut with a razor knife, hacked with a machete and hit over the head a shovel. He had planned on killing all of them, but the law showed up in time. I feel so bad because Leslie is gone. No words can begin to express how I feel. I just lost my best friend, but I am so relieved that Penny and the kids survived. My heart goes out to Leslie's family, especially her 5 children (ages 4 to 11).

We love you and we'll miss you, Leslie.

3 comments:

Traci said...

How senseless and horrible. I have no words since they aren't always that helpful. sorry just isn't enough. How awful.

Eva Sophia said...

How terrible that someone would try to kill their own family like that. Senseless and barbaric!
Thanks for the reply about the place you have, it sounds perfect for us!

Anonymous said...

My heart just breaks for those precious children. I am sorry for the pain that you, Leslie's family and friends are going through - it's just so unimaginable. I pray for peace for you all through this. God be with you.