So far, all of my friends are accounted for. I drove to Athens today. There was a tree down and I ended up in a ditch. The main road to Athens was blocked because of water. I went to work orientation. It wasn't what I expected but was very helpful. I have an appointment next Monday at the Nurses Training center. I'll talk to them about becoming a Certifed Nurses Aide. Hopefully I'll be in class from June 3rd until the end of June. It's better than the two months for the other one.
We'll be building a storm shelter this year. The tornadoes seem to be getting worst each year. On the way home today I hit a lot of water. At one point, it felt like I hit something. The water was quite deep there but hitting water that is shin deep going 55 MPH and it will slow you down! We walked down to the creek today once the rain stopped. The creek is flooded so much that the grass in the meadow is floating on the rocks below it. It was a bazaar feeling to say the least. The one lane bridge near here is completely under water now and one tree in behind the house was twisted off about half way up. The animals seemed clingy today. I think we should be able to sleep tonight without anyone being the watch-out.
Tomorrow is the homeschool groups first meet. I am very excited! I can't wait to see if Kelly shows up.
No comments:
Post a Comment