Affiliate Ad Disclaimer

Some of the links on my blog are affiliate ads through Google and Amazon. If you buy something through these links, I get a little pocket change. Because of this, I promise to only put ads on my site for products that I back! If you do buy something from these links, thank you!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lots of Delays so far...

Well, we woke up later than we planned because the boys and I needed new ID cards. We got there on time and have our new ID's. Yea! Then we went to the gas station and Mendel 1.0 added oil to the car. We headed out and got to I-5 when we heard this weird noise. Couldn't figure out what it was. Then Miles started saying "there's smoke! Smoke! Mom, Dad, SMOKE!" It took a second but we figured out there was smoke coming in through the vents. A quick look behind us and we noticed how bad it was. Driving down I-5 in a huge plume of smoke. AGH! So hubby pulled off and we lifted the lid and white smoke just rolled out from under the hood. We figured out that the weird sound was the oil cap flying off... oops... and all the smoke was from the oil being shot out all over the engine.

Hubby shoved a few socks in there and limped over to an auto parts store. They didn't have a lid but the next place let us use a phone and phone book. We found a cap at Carquest Autoparts 3 miles away. They held the cap for us. We are here at their parking lot now. All is well, every one is fine, a little greasy, but fine.

So, our trip is slower starting than planned but we will be on our way shortly and I'll be updating along the way.

No comments: